Dim Sum Chef - Zheng He's - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Vocational | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Food & Beverages | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Dim Sum Chef to join our Zheng He's culinary team at Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Executive Chinese Chef and Executive Sous Chef in setting and maintaining standards as well as in ensuring that the kitchen operation runs as smoothly as possible.
- Attending meetings when requested with Executive Chinese Chef/ Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day. Communicate the information to line staff to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
- Establishing culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which may include banqueting.
- Being able to help in planning menus and compile recipes for new menus / food tasting to be approved by Executive Chinese Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Using information available, plan the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Being able to be fully understand HACCP and COSHH and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Ensuring that the agreed quality of product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
- Being able to help in recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- Analysing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have completed kitchen apprentice or chef's training for at least one year and at least five years experience gained in a five star international chain in Europe and Asia specializing in Chinese cuisine. A minimum of two years experience as Chef de Partie is essential.
You will also be a team player with leadership and coaching skills, be comfortable taking responsibility for your decisions as well as possessing a team playing "hands on" attitude.
You will have good written and verbal English skills as well the ability to use Microsoft IT packages.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.