Director, Marketing Full Time
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Hospitality | Hospitality/Leisure
- Developing and executing public relations programs within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Working with a pre opening team to generate awareness and visibility for the new opening property.
- Developing and maintaining an issues awareness program and crisis communications program.
- Acting as spokesperson for the hotel and as a member of the Executive/Crisis Management Team.
- Assisting sales, rooms, spa and food and beverage in creating promotional programs with media outlets (radio, TV, print).
- Assisting Director of Sales & Marketing with off season promotions, packaging and the marketing of communication tools.
- Liaise with the hotel’s creative agency on collateral, promotional pieces, and advertising campaigns.
- Writing, developing, producing and distributing press kits, releases and photo releases as necessary.
- Being a key contact within the hotel for the media, industry partners and the community.
- Developing/creating promotional events that assist non profit groups within the community while raising the profile of the hotel.
- Developing and building positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets.
- Developing joint regional and national promotional opportunities with other Fairmont properties.
- Coordinating participation in National Public Relations programs.
- Developing and maintaining all media mailing lists and contact information.
- Maintaining an up to date photo library, including a photographic record of all media and special events. Conduct media familiarization trips as needed.
- Playing a key role in the environmental stewardship of our property.
- Responsible to successfully manage and coach the communications team.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service.
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Diploma/Degree in Public Relations and/or Journalism.
- Proven media relations skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong computer literacy, especially with Word.
- Experience in developing and executing creative promotional programs and events as well as familiarization itineraries.
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Proven ability to create partnerships within the industry and community.
- Must be self motivated and able to make decisions while handling numerous projects at one time.