Director Of Business Development & Marketing Full Time
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Sales/Business Development | Hospitality/Leisure
Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented professional to lead our Sales & Marketing team in the role of Director of Business Development & Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a solid sales background, a strong marketing skill set, ideally with experience in re-positioning, and well rounded revenue management, as well as conference services and catering knowledge.
Reporting to the General Manager and the Regional VP of Sales and Marketing, the position is accountable for managing the Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, Reservations, Conference Services and Catering departments of the property. As an active member of the Executive Committee, the Director of Business Development & Marketing will oversee the strategic direction and day-to-day operation of this division.
- Conducts continuous research on potential accounts in the MICE, leisure and corporate markets
- Continuously evaluates markets and their needs, comparing them with existing products and services
- Achieves the annually established sales quotas and targets
- Solicits maximum business from market segments
- Sets standards for the department while supervising, evaluating and reviewing colleague performance
- Recruits, hires and trains Sales & Marketing colleagues
- Attends overseas trade shows and sales trips to promote hotel sales
- Recommends necessary sales action plans or procedure reviews to maintain and increase market shares
- Identifies sales training needs and conducts the necessary training for colleagues
- A proven track record at a senior leadership level, as a Director of Sales & Marketing or similar, in large well-established international luxury hotels.
- An extensive network of current contacts across the travel trade in the GCC and Europe, Russia and CIS markets, a distinct advantage.
- A track record of producing creative and innovative marketing collateral and campaigns whilst working effectively to direct and drive the marketing and PR agencies to deliver world-class results.
- The ability to plan and determine rate and promotion strategies for key source markets to maximize revenue and market share.
- A strong people and team focus, and an extraordinary ability to lead, motivate and develop a high performance team.
- Very standards driven, can implement, review, develop and benchmark standards to ensure the organization becomes and remains world class.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent ability to build strong and lasting relationships, interact and influence others at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Experienced in working with e-commerce tools and platforms to drive direct business.
- A proven ability to work with and understand key revenue management principles to maximize profitability.
- Effective problem-solving skills, takes ownership and demonstrations resourcefulness in challenging situations.
- Experienced in managing group process, advocate of organizational change, drives strong team collaboration and an innate sense of urgency to achieve results, according to the budget and timeline.
Experience: Needs to have a minimum of three years experience in a similar position in a five star luxury hotel, preferably in the United Arab Emirates or the Middle East.
Licenses or Certificates:
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)