Director Of Engineering - Jumeirah Beach Hotel Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 10 - 15 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Engineering | Hospitality/Leisure
A fantastic role has arisen at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai for an inspirational leader in the capacity of Director of Engineering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the daily operations of the Engineering Department; ensuring that the property and assets are maintained in the highest order and for developing strategies for the future growth of the Engineering department.
Your key duties will include:
- Management of all engineering projects.
- Ensuring all capital projects are conducted in line with company policies and procedures.
- Supervising and directing the daily activities of the Resident Engineers and Maintenance Managers.
- Monitoring engineering activities to ensure adherence to established policies, operating procedures and standards.
- Preparing comprehensive budgets and forecasts to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the department.
- Overseeing the implementation, coordination and monitoring of the Jumeirah Engineering Management System. This includes the Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and work order system.
- Appraising and formalising career development and training plans for direct reports.
- Comprehensive monthly reporting to the General Manager and Group Director of Engineering.
- Ensuring optimum use of utilities through energy management techniques.
- Partaking in occupational health and safety initiatives and form part of the hotel occupational health and safety committee.
In order to be considered for this role you will possess an internationally recognised formal qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC Engineering and be certified in Project Management.
In order to back up your theoretical knowledge, you must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 10 years experience and have experience of working in a five star hotel environment.
With first class communication skills, you will be a strong team player and also be able to use your own initiative as well as take responsibility for your decisions. You will have a strong command of the English language, verbal and written as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.