Drilling Site Leader who will directs and controls all activities related to drilling and work over operations carried out by contractors/service companies on assigned rig, Directs and supervises the implementation of various operational programmers including proposing and executing amendments to approved programmers in response to changing operational parameters. Implements the Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Protection policies and safety management, system as applicable to rig operation. Monitors all supply activities of Company materials and equipment to ensure economic and cost effective utilization.
- Oversees the exceution of all operational programmers and acts as company-man on assigned rig covering drilling, workover, well completion and related activities covered by contractors and/or service companies. Receives detailed programmers from Drilling operation & Engineering Section Leader (DROESL), translates into operational activities and conducts detailed observation and Inspectionof contractor's activities on site.
- Reviews programmers in light of work progress, proposes and implements minor amendments to approved programmers in light of unforeseen operations requirements, discusses proposed programmer changes with Supervisor to improve Drilling operations and implements changes in case of emergency or safety hazardous on own initiative.
- Supervises and controls activities of Company's services personnel involved in the provision of technical services/operations covering wire line logging, fishing, running and pulling completions, acidizing, cementing, directional, drilling, production testing, sampling, coring etc.
- Monitors execution of related programmers, reviews and reports on progress, arranges administrative support such as accommodation and transportation of personnel and equipment.
- Investigates required supplies, orders materials/equipment from Company stores and occassionally, requests manufacturing of other requirements such as crossovers.. etc.
- Controls and ensures the economics consumption and safe utilization of Company supplied materials and equipment. Ensures safe return of equipment and surplus materials to Company's stores upon completion of related operations.
- Prepares the daily progress report including the daily rig operationcost and supply/acid boats activities at rif site. Holds pre-job meetings with concerned contractor/service companies' personnel to highlight potential hazards and to advice on preventive measures.
- Liases with Field Production Supervisor for tower inspection and handover of activities at each tower. Handles all emergencies encountered during normal operations of rig moves as per Company established policy.
- Implements and maintains HSE programmer. Report and investigates incidents/accidents and make sure necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures that saftey equipment and systems are maintained in efficient operating conditions. Ensures that contractors are fully aware and adhere to all Company's procedures, standards and systems.
- Carries out planned inspection and self auditing to ensure rig and equipment are properly maintained. Conducts group safety meetings for contractors' key personnel on the rig.
- Initiates emergency drills and exercises on weekly basis. Discusses near misses on daily basis and draw-up lessons learnt.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor such as: Checking and approving job tickets, visiting new towers, reporting major operational problems to supervisor. etc.
• Bachelor Degree In Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering.
• 7-8 years experience in drilling operation, 3 years of which should be In offshore drilling,
• Good knowledge of English.