Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial plants and laboratories. Usually work under direction of engineering staff.
1) Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
2) Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
3) Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid state equipment.
4) Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
5) Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
6) Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.