- Consistently look to source tenders through various avenues open to the industry.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct.
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the Senior Estimator.
- Conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Source subcontractors & suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with Quantity Survey team and Procurement department
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
- Once tender is completed, incorporate all relevant details, forward to Executive Management for review and approval prior to submission.
- Liaise with client on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender.
- Compile relevant tender information into Benchmark & estimate price.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender.
- In-conjunction with the Projects Director, review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract.
- Provide feedback to Executive Management regarding commercial contract exposure on the proposed project.
- Co-ordinate and arrange for contract exchange upon success of tender.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyors and co-estimator, prepare handover material of tender for the project team
- Co-ordinate and conduct “Handover” meeting with the project team, providing detailed briefing of the tender requirements.
- As necessary provide support and respond to tender queries made by project team personnel.
- Continually seek and identify new /alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the Business.
- Conduct regular Market Survey and advise management of same.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, prepare procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure that procedures and work instructions are consistent with changes.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyors, regularly review procedures / work instructions etc for currency, productivities and methodologies.
- Minimum of 2nd Class degree in Quantity Survey
- 7-10 years construction industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and interact with all levels of personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills
- Strong Analytical skills