To work directly under the supervision of the General Manager NP&E
The Facilities Planning Engineer is responsible for the design, engineering and planning in terms of the upgrade/deployment of critical infrastructure for existing/new facilities owned/leased/used by Main One in Nigeria. The role will include:
§ Providing engineering oversight and construction supervision (where required) on all critical infrastructure activities and projects.
§ Developing operational and capital budgets associated with critical facilities maintenance activities and build projects.
§ Developing and managing the maintenance programs for the critical support infrastructure and facilities for the Cable Stations/Data Centers including periodic inspections and monitoring.
§ Identifying vulnerabilities within the mission critical support infrastructure for the facilities and recommend solutions.
§ Developing and reviewing Methods of Procedures (MOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintenance documentation/schedule for all critical support infrastructure for the facilities.
§ Develop and review performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and develop reports on all aspects of the facilities and maintenance.
§ Carrying out period audits of all the facilities and its related critical support infrastructure.
§ Maintain up to date details of infrastructure (AC power, DC power, Air conditioning, Access control, Civil, Security, etc.) at the Facilities used by Main One (viz. Points of Presence – PoPs)
§ Maintain up to date floor layout plans of the PoPs
§ Maintain up to date details of utilization (‘elevation view’) of the Main One racks at the PoPs
§ Allocate space for new rack/ equipment on receipt of request
§ Maintain close liaison with the Facilities Operations and other Planning team members for updating the Facilities data and infrastructure.
§ Plan and engineer upgrades/expansion of the infrastructure at the existing PoPs as required to meet the business requirements.
§ Vendor interaction for budgeting, ordering, delivery and during installation and commissioning
§ Ensure optimum utilization of floor space and rack space at PoPs
Ensure quality standards are met.
Liaise with Capital Projects, Procurement, Planning and Facilities Operations teams
· Related Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience.
· Experience in build and/or operating telecommunication’s facilities, data centres and/or NOCs will be an advantage.
· Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
· Excellent planning skills
· High personal standards and goal oriented
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
· In-depth knowledge of complex electrical and mechanical systems including UPS systems, stand-by power and energy conservation.
· The ideal applicant will have current experience in Facility Engineering
Demands of the job
To gather the requirements from the Management/other Planning teams, translate into a plan and budget; after approval, liaise with Capital Projects/ Procurement/ Facilities teams till completion.
Should be able to deliver results with minimal guidance.