Field Service Engineer - Established Technology Company Full Time
England, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Engineering | Telecommunications
This is the ideal opportunity for a customer-focused professional with a strong service engineering or maintenance background looking to join a leading company offering excellent in-house training opportunities and facilities. Benefitting from a friendly and social environment, you will be given the opportunity of freedom over your own work, enabling you to take pride in a job well done.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for responding to service and maintenance calls from customers across Reading, Basingstoke and the surrounding areas regarding equipment our client has sold them.
You will repair faults on social alarms, door access and allied security systems. Carrying out technical surveys on systems and schemes, you will liaise directly with clients regarding specific problems and work with service controllers to ensure reported faults are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Keeping accurate records of all jobs, ensuring they are recorded via a mobile device
- Maintaining sufficient stocks of spare parts to meet requirements
- Advising the Service Manager of any operational challenges or issues
- Ensuring all product updates are read, understood and correctly filed
- A maintenance and/or engineering background
- Proven customer service experience
- A full valid driving licence
As a Field Service Engineer, you will have superb communication and interpersonal skills as well as a positive 'can-do, will-do', attitude. Organised and willing, you will have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively.
Previous experience within service engineering, in particular dealing with social alarms or door entry systems, would be beneficial to your application.