- Ensure adherence to Good Distribution and Warehousing Practices at the state/phase level, in supply chain operations (warehousing operations in both government owned and contracted 3PL warehouses). At the state/ phase level, serve as a lead in the coordination of commodities handling (receipt, delivery to health facilities or dispatch to other locations outside the state) and to ensure appropriate and timely refill of facility commodities based on approved delivery orders shared by Field Program Management Department (approved by the SCOD Abuja office) for all programs for both USAID DELIVER PROJECT and SCMS.
- Collect agreed data for use in monitoring the supply chain operations of third party logistics service providers (contracted warehousing and transportation 3PLS) and government owned warehouses to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures (for warehousing, distribution and especially inventory management) are maintained.
- Provide feedback to 3PLs and government officials in the warehouse on performance and areas of improvement in the warehousing, inventory and distribution activities in their warehouses.
- In collaboration with resident field staff, provide technical support to ensure that health facilities supported by all programs for both SCMS & USAID DELIVER PROJECT receive adequate supply of needed health commodities.
- Coordinate distribution/transportation operations to health facilities, within the agreed lead time ensuring operations are concluded as stipulated in work orders or service level agreements.
- Carry out inspection of vehicles, ensuring that vehicle mobilized by 3PLs are suitable. appropriate and are up to the quality stipulated in the contracts/work orders for the provision of transportation services.
- For PMI commodities, coordinate and supervise the pick, pack and dispatch (PPD) of commodities during LMDs (based on approved LMD orders from the SCOD Abuja Office) at originating warehouse:
- Issue the correct quantities of the commodities to the transporter.
- Closely monitor the performance and adherence to the terms of the work orders of the 3PLs and provide daily updates (using iaily update template for both DDIC and/or non-DDIC LMD5) to the Phase team lead and the SCOD Abuja Team Lead, Warehousing and Distribution. Carry out spot-checks during the LMDs (using routing plans, in the case of non-DDIC LMDs and trucking schedule, in the case of DDIC delivery runs): collate and report all non-conformances or adverse report (some of which bother on suspicion of fraud, commodity loss, by proxy delivery, lagging delivery times, use of non-compliant vehicles, etc.) concerning 3PL performance to the Phase team lead and the SCbD Abuja Team Lead, Contracting and Operations Management.
- Provide status report for all projects commodities warehoused in government central medical stores to the Team Lead, Warehousing and Distribution.
- Take receipt of local/international shipments designated for direct delivery to the states: official receipt of commodities (malaria medicines, rapid diagnostic tests and long lasting insecticidal nets, LLINs) into the state CMSs or any other designated warehouse or storage location in the state and submitting the receipt reports (ensuring that all stock transactions are documented accordingly) to the Team Lead, Warehousing and Distribution.
- Conduct monthly physical counts and scheduled cycle counts of all commodities in the state CMSs or any other designated warehouse or storage location in the state, reconcile stocks and monitor all stock transactions (for malaria medicines, rapid diagnostic tests and long lasting insecticidal nets. LLINs & other commodities as may be required) i.e. receipts, issues, adjustments, etc,
- For malaria commodities, shall report all malaria stock transactions using the Malaria Commodities Inventory Control Systems (MCICS) tool.
- Ensure that the activities of 4PL on warehousing and distribution for the respective phases are in line with agreed standards.
- Facilitate complete and accurate documentation on PODs, SRVs/SlVs/RIRVs, etc. during LMDs and interstate/long hauls and sign the relevant documentation. Follow up to ascertain the quantities delivered to ensure it is in line with the expected.
- Facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge to appropriate SMOH staff through mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Inspect identified warehouses for use in warehousing commodities especially when such is required.
- Monitoring and planning warehouse requirement for in-bound shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- First degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Public health, Management and any other related discipline,
- 1-2 years’ experience in supply chain operations (warehousing and distribution) of health commodities
- Ability to monitor, supervise and provide support to 3PLs on warehousing and distribution of health commodities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Able to work as part of a team, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Above average IT skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and inventory management software (m-Supply, e-Stock Card etc.)