Front Office Manager - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Resort Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Administration & Office Support | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Front Office Manager to join Mina A' Salam at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role to be responsible for the entire Front Office operation including Front Desk, Concierge and Guest Relations.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring high level of guest satisfaction and high financial results for the department by focusing on controlling the expenses and ensuring maximum room revenues are achieved.
- Maintaining high morale, productivity and communication within the Front Office as well as between other departments.
- Developing Colleagues, Team Leaders and Managers by delegating tasks. Empowering and coaching colleagues by making sure they achieve the desired results.
- Overseeing the maintenance and configuration of the Opera system by ensuring that input standards of profiles and reservations are correct, selling strategies are followed and the system is "cleaned" from duplicate profiles on a regular basis.
- Monitoring the level of service provided by the department (i.e. by analysing the Guest Satisfaction Reports) and constantly working on improving it through investigation, analysis and corrective action.
- Recording and handling customer complaints and feedback according to company standards.
- Working in partnership with Guest Services, Reservations, Sales and Housekeeping to ensure guest needs are determined and met in regard to room requirements.
- Communicating to colleagues the importance of meeting customer, regulatory and statutory needs.
- Ensuring measurable quality objectives are established and actively participating in the review of these objectives.
- Ensuring the availability of resources
- Ensuring customer requirements are determined & met.
- Actively promoting an awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- Ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Ensuring the manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department to meet the needs of the organisation and customer.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a recognised degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years working experience as a Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager for a 5 star luxury hotel. You should be able to lead and motivate a culturally diverse team.
It is important that you have great communication skills with strong command of the English language, both spoken and written. Proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
It is essential that you have excellent working knowledge of Opera Property Management System and Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.