Provides a wide range of Geoscience technical/data management support to Development and Exploration teams as required.
Geoscience Data Management Support
•Management, loading, quality control, migration and storage of geological and geophysical data.
•Maintain and update key geoscience databases including OpenWorks, ODM and iPoint.
•Manage ad-hoc requests for data management from subsurface staff.
•Ensure efficient data migration between disciplines and applications.
•Liaise with petrophysical support for data updates and transfers.
•Manage geoscience data in acquisition related asset transitions.
•Liaise with external contractors to manage external storage of geophysical data on physical media.
•Liaise with Information Technology to manage online storage of seismic data.
•Liaise with IM (Information Manager) to manage physical storage for new asset data.
•Liaise with Information technology to manage the archival and restoration of geoscience data as required.
•Maintain official licence boundaries in GIS system and create associated polygons for geoscience applications.
•Provide support for conversion of data between geographic co-ordinate reference systems.
•Work with Geoscience Discipline leads to design and improve geoscience data management processes and standards.
Geoscience Application Support
•Support geoscience staff in geoscience application functionality.
•Manage and create maps in GIS system (Arc Map).
•Liaise with geoscience software vendors to evaluate new geoscience software and new versions of existing applications..
•Co-ordinate subsurface application support including SeisWorks, Petrel, Kingdom, RMS, Coviz, ArcMap, Franson Coordinate Transform), providing direct application support where possible.
•Liaise with vendor support groups to provide application support where necessary.
•Co-ordinate with IT to support geoscience application functionality, maintenance and license management.
•Work with Geoscience Discipline Leads to develop simplified strategies around geoscience software and databases.
Qualifications/ Training Required
•Science degree or equivalent industry experience or Geoscience degree is more desirable
• Proven Geoscience Technical Assistant or Subsurface Data Management experience within the oil and gas industry
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving abilities for both process and technical issues
• Familiarity and competency with some of the Geoscience software applications and databases used by TAQA. Training to be provided where appropriate
• Proven expertise in data management, and MS Office applications
• Proven ability to work effectively within a team and on own initiative
• Experience in technical documentation/information management
• Operator experience
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Able to interact at all levels
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Pro-active, good at looking for solutions
• Ability to manage own workload, meet deadlines and deal effectively with changing priorities
• Motivated and enthusiastic