Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
The Head, Internal Audit and Risk Management is responsible for audit reviews of administrative, commercial, technical and management processes and systems to ensure alignment of activities with company goals, due management of risks and effective use of company resources. The Head, Internal Audit and Risk Management ensures the implementation of effective controls in all business processes, operations and systems, in order promote transparency and good corporate governance.
· Provide independent and objective assurance on the management of risks throughout the organization.
· Report to the Audit Committee at the agreed intervals on Internal Audit assignments including planned reviews, investigations, risk advisory work and any other activity as required.
· Provide advice to management regarding the development of internal audit planning, processes, techniques and best practices in order to improve operational efficiency of the internal audit function.
· Provide the business units, Management, Audit Committee and the Board with advisory services relating to internal and external risk exposure, good governance and best practices in Business Risk Management.
· Oversee and coordinate the preparation and execution of the internal audit plans/programs and ensure adherence to specified timelines and actions.
· Plan, design and implement a robust risk management process for the organization, ensuring there is a system in place to identify and analyze all major risks, on a regular basis.
· Oversee internal audits in Main One covering the independent and objective review of financial processes and controls as well as information systems in line with international internal audit standards.
· Approve and coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
· Express opinion on adequacy and effectiveness of existing and proposed internal controls to manage risks.
· Support business units through promotion of risk awareness, development of risk profiles, mitigation of risks and effective implementation of agreed action plan.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
You will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments/staff regarding management and work related issues on behalf of the CEO.
· First degree in a relevant discipline preferably Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
· Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
· Ten (10) to twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years at senior management level.
· Strong analytical and evaluation ability
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Influencing and negotiation ability
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Very good IT skills and ability to use audit related specialized software such as ACL & Vision
Demands of the job
· Must be personable and able to relate very well with other people.
· Must be highly discreet and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Able to effectively prioritize tasks and juggle multiple assignments.
· Must be able to interact with senior/executive level personnel and other levels of personnel
· Must be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy while making sure the function’s requirements are met
· Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports