Housekeeping Supervisor Full Time
FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Abu Zaby [Abu Dhabi], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Hospitality / Leisure / Travels | Hospitality/Leisure
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle Guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure Room Attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Positively impacts colleague relations within the department through ongoing performance management, coaching, recognition and communication meetings
- Conducts assigned inspections of guest rooms and public spaces, including all VIP’s and FPC members.
- Maximizes hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, lab our and other material resources.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing staff morale through harmonious working relationships.
- Dynamic member of the Housekeeping Leadership team and ensures strong departmental representation on hotel committees and at hotel activities.
- Provide courteous, professional service and maintain a good working relationship with your own colleagues and all other departments within the hotel.
- Ensures the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety by conducting daily inspections of guest elevator foyers, backspaces, and storage and supply rooms.
- Liaise with the Laundry and Engineering Departments to ensure the smooth flow of linen supplies and repair work.
- Responsible for the inventory of Guest supplies, linen, uniforms, and the ordering and replacement when necessary.
- Responsible for ordering cleaning supplies and Guest supplies, and to check that they are handled, and stored correctly.
- Ensure that all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly enforced by the employees.
- Assist subordinates during peak periods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel Housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, Micros-Fidelio desirable
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps