Under general supervision, performs a variety of responsible and complex technical and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and programs including in the areas of employment recruitment,
Workers compensation, benefits administration, classification and compensation, employee relations, and
Liability claims; provides information and assistance to City employees and the general public regarding
Human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures; prepares various correspondence and
Memoranda; coordinates activities related to area of assignment; and performs a variety of tasks requiring
Specialized knowledge related to area of assignment.
The following responsibilities are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and
Changing business practices.
1. Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, administrative, and office support duties in
Support of the City’s Human Resources Division.
2. Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct
telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to hum
A resources management; respond to employment verification requests, salary and benefit surveys, and other requests for information.
3. Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Division; compose and
Type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and
Activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities.
4. Plan and coordinate recruitments and examinations; prepare job announcements and advertisements;
Administer and score tests; notify candidates of application/employment status; prepare certification
5. Maintain eligible candidate lists; provide names of eligible to department representatives upon
Appropriately approved requests.
6. Process personnel action forms and maintain personnel records to ensure timely performance evaluations and appropriate actions.
7. Coordinate post-offer pre-employment physicals, psychological, drug screens or other pre-
Employment screenings as may be required.
8. Maintain personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
9. Explain employment benefits and general terms and conditions of employment to employees and department representatives; conduct initial new employee orientation for purposes of ensuring appropriate completion of payroll and benefits documentation.
Must work closely with the Human Resources Manager and professional bodies
HR Assistant are involved in staff recruitment.
Must ensure that complaints and grievance procedures are properly handled
Must be able introduce new local and national employment policies
HND/BSC In Business Adm.,Personnel Magement,and any other related field