In this role you will be required to recommend and review the employee remuneration packages for the Emirates Group and support the remuneration strategy for policy design and implementation in conjunction with Manager Human Resources. You will also be involved in obtaining detailed knowledge of comparable practices both within and outside the airline industry, so that the Emirates Group has practices that will enable us to attract and retain a high calibre workforce.
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the overall research, and implementation of new remuneration packages for the Emirates Group in advance of the recruitment process in order to ensure that the overall Emirates/dnata/Associated Company packages are competitive and cost effective while complying with local legal legislation.
- Manage the timely annual pay review of the various pay packages, through annual salary surveys, management/ staff meetings, basket of goods analysis, legislation changes, market trends and make appropriate recommendations. Ensure that the annual pay reviews are completed in a timely and accurate manner with full agreement from the SVPs and Line Managers and other involved parties (often requiring very sensitive negotiations and conflict management).
- Ensure constantly updated accurate information is available on comparable practice through utilization of a variety of contacts within and outside the airline industry
In order to apply for this role, you must have the following:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent). A high-calibre university degree is essential in a statistical subject or HR-related field, in addition, a post-graduate diploma in HR management or CIPD is essential.
- 8+ years working in HR, with experience in a remuneration role including researching terms and conditions of employment and policies.
- The job-holder must be an expert in their field, with professional expertise in global remuneration structures covering all pay and general personnel policy conditions essential in the airline industry.
- An advanced in-depth knowledge of analytical packages, particularly of Microsoft Excel is essential, as well as a detailed knowledge of word processing in MS-Word. An in-depth knowledge and use of statistical techniques necessary for the quality standard of analysis and reporting.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly at all levels within a multi-cultural environment. Proven ability to manage a team that is required to critically analyse data and to find solutions to problems, supported by relevant, quantitative/statistical back-up.
- Proven ability in writing policies. Proven ability to negotiate solutions.