Junior Sous Chef - Colleague Restaurant (Dine A Mite)- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Food & Beverages | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Junior Sous Chef to join the Colleague Restaurant at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Chef de Cuisine in the daily operation of the Dine A Mite kitchen.
- Ensuring that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef de Cuisine.
- Assisting the Chef de Cuisine with developing menus and setting standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment are maintained to good standards with minimum breakage.
- Checking incoming produce; ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Liaising with the Chef de Cuisine in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least three years experience of working in a five star hotel in an all day dining restaurant or staff restaurant experience. It is essential that you will have an experience in European/Mediterranean cuisine
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket allowances, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.