An exciting role has arisen in Zheng He's at Madinat Jumeirah for highly motivated and hard working Junior Sous Chef. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Speciality Chef / Sous Chef / Executive Chinese Chef to set standards and maintain them to the Madinat Jumeirah Standard.
Your key duties will include:
- Assisting the Speciality Chef / Sous Chef / Executive Chinese Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Establishing culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which may include banqueting.
- Helping in planning menus and compiling recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chinese Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
- Using information available, plan the preparation, production and cooking of food appropriate to the section, to the required standard, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Helping to recruit, monitor and train staff ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- Making appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales by analysing market food trends.
- Monitoring operating costs and take corrective actions when necessary to reduce expenses.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have completed a kitchen apprenticeship or chef's training for minimum 1 year. You should also have minimum 5 years experience working in an international 5 star chain specialising in Chinese cuisine.
You must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills and able to effectively communicate and motivate people.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language and good computer skills.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.