LC Payment Officer Full Time
Standard Chartered Bank
Lagos, Nigeria | Bachelor's Degree | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Banking / Finance / Insurance | Banking / Financial Services
• To process trade related products/applications/documents against laid down procedures and service standards.
• To process payments on LC (negotiation, payment, trade loans, acceptance)
• To book and liquidate FCY loans for payment on LC
• To process cash cover (collateral) on Confirmed LCs
• To review PDA Messages for MT799, MT754 to monitor payment, Nostro Funding and Discrepancy Acceptance
• To review Maturing Acceptances report for maturing and payment
• To review daily Nostro for payment on LC
• To review daily input and EPAD advice from FMO unit and INPUT desk respectively for cash cover, payment and loan liquidation
• To return unutilized cash covered sourced via WDAS to the CBN and cash cover sourced via Interbank to the client’s account
ï‚§ Booking ,monitoring, payment of bill receivable on documents received
ï‚§Booking, monitoring, payment of Trade Loans
ï‚§ Booking, monitoring, payment of acceptances
ï‚§ Processing of Acceptances of Discrepancies
• Book FAWR as per CMT’s approval for payment on LC
• Liquidate FAWR and loans booked for payment on LC and BFC
• Move fund as cash cover (collateral) on Confirmed LCs to SCB London
• Return unutilized cash cover sourced via WDAS to the CBN
• Return unutilized cash cover sourced via Interbank to client’s account
• Ensure all unutilized funds on cash cover letters of credit are credited to the respective customers account
• Ensure that Necessary Chaser and follow-up are done for Nostro Debited items requiring purchase of funds
• Return on FX Utilization (305) to Regulatory return desk officer
• Return on un-utilized repurchase to Finance and update of register
• Ensure that enquiry relating to customers transactions are responded to timely
• Ensure that necessary clarification, enquiry from the GSSC are provided promptly
• Ensure that errors are tracked and updated
• Ensure that monthly statistics for KPI are provided promptly
• Ensure advices are printed and delivered to correspondence Desk
• Ensure that pre-Negotiation Charge are recovered
• Ensure daily advice of Nostro funding to Global Market
• Ensure adherence to DOI
• KCSA, DOI applied in line with international and local regulation review and reconciliation
• Any other responsibility as may be assigned from time to time
• Ensure that I remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the banks effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying customers, knowing customers, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
• Ensure / assist unit head in creation and maintenance of compliance culture, undertake compliance monitoring, generate timely and accurate compliance reports, proactively advise Country compliance on compliance issues, and update new matrices as communicated by the BCC
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
• Minimum three (3) years banking experience
• Good working knowledge of the Banks products and services.
• Good PC skills.
• A University Degree.
• Minimum of two years experience in Trade Operations
• Knowledge of risks and local Laws relating to Trade
• Good knowledge of applicable international trade practices.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.