- Lead independently a team of Sr. Engineers/Engineers, Sr. Designers/Designers & Draftsmen within discipline;
- Ensure effective communications and co-ordinations between all supervised staff, Lead Engineers of other departments and Project Managers, to ensure mutual awareness of requirements and sharing of information and common resources;
- Monitor overall productivity and efficiency of the projects, forecast trends and anticipate potential problems and difficulties meeting milestones or budget, coordinate with Head of Department, Management, Projects Managers and all supervised staff to resolve problems;
- Implement and maintain productivity targets for supervised staff, including monitoring of overtime and budgeted man hours;
- Conduct routine meetings with supervised staff to monitor the projects' performance and assess their performance;
- Prepare an estimate of required man hours along with supporting documentation for both proposals and major change orders, prior to issuance;
- Implement staffing development plans and assign staff to specific projects or proposals;
- Develop the department's capability and enhance the technical expertise of staff to suit the present marketplace, through proper training & development, selective recruitment, evaluation of staff, continuous monitoring & assessment of staff and utilization of up to date software.
To lead a team of Sr. Engineers, Engineers, Sr. Designer, Designers & Draftsmen.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 15+ years of experience in professional pipeline engineering, involving design, planning, checking, general management and supervisory responsibility in oil & gas industry;
- Must have worked at least 5 years as Senior Engineer, supervising and guiding a team of engineers & designers;
- Experience in reviewing Key Deliverables prepared by pipeline team or produced by other work-share offices;
- Has clearly demonstrated strong engineering competence, interpersonal / team building skills & leadership skills;
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices, codes and standards applicable to pipeline engineering. Working knowledge in Plant layout design, onshore pipeline design, material selection & applications, valve selection & applications, static & dynamic stress analysis, etc.
- Hands on experience in industry software, such as 3D Model Review Tools (SPR & NavisWorks), Caesar II, Autopipe, Orthogen, Shell MESC Standards, AutoCAD, Microstation and 3D Modeling Tools (PDS, SP3D, PDMS, CadWorx, Autoplant), MS Office Suite, etc.
- Should have excellent communication skills essential for Client, Interdisciplinary and Vendor coordination, and coordination with other work-share offices.