This position will manage all import functions of the organization, from pre-shipment, shipment and clearing from ports. You will also be responsible for preparing all custom documentations in line with applicable laws and must have a clear understanding of Nigerian Customs clearing procedure documentation in shipping, air & freight clearing and forwarding.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that your specific duties will include the following:
- Respond to enquiries, send quotations and negotiate with clients.
- Tracking of shipments, updating customers on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
- Custom declaration and clearance of goods at the ports.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements to engage in the clearing and forwarding business are up to date and in compliance.
- Ensure shipper gets clear instructions on clearing documentation as per country requirements, with the consultation of purchasing office
- Follow up closely on the customs/clearance formalities and delivery process.
- Oversee the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure the clients goods get to them in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process to the client.
- Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
- Advice management on correct and most preferred course of action to overcome technicalities that may arise in declaration or clearing operations.
- Follow up on correspondences between various statutory bodies and other parties including Son, Nafdac
- 11.Â Undertake administrative duties in the department as required
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- HND or BSc degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration or any other related field
- In-depth understanding of imports and export procedures.
- Good knowledge Imports declaration (The use of HS codes)
- You must be experienced in logistics costing and preparing quotations.
- Be an excellent communicator (both verbal & written)
- Proficiency in use of MS Office tools
- Minimum of 1 years relevant work experience
APPLICATION: Interested applicant should forward updated CV and Cover Letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org