MANAGER, COMMERCIAL AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (ES0043) Full Time
Rivers, Nigeria | Bachelor's Degree | 7 - 10 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Executive / Top Management | Utility
Reporting to the Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will responsible for managing and supervising the commercial aspect of the PHWC’s operations, particularly as they relate to meter reading, billing customer enrolment.
- Coordinate, lead and manage the service delivery, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction functions of PHWC.
- Develop systems for domestic and commercial customer identification, billing, and building relationships with customer in a way that support field staff in meter reading and billing.
- Develop short and long term commercial policies, strategies and operating plans that reflect the Company’s goals and priorities and also grow customer base, increase revenue, while working with other teams to keep down cost.
- Provide comprehensive commercial information system, including up-to-date customer database, billing revenue, non-revenue water, growth in customer base and demand profile to enable proper planning of water production and distribution activities.
- Anchor the key commercial tendering and agreement activities, with a view to developing new businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
- Relevant post–graduate degree(s) and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of a ten (10) years’ experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in a senior management position, preferably in the commercial function of a commercially oriented water utility or similar organisations.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the water utilities industry, including the water production process, and challenges, including non-revenue water, sound knowledge and understanding of commercial analysis.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial knowledge to drive income generation.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.