Responsible for the developing and implementing strategies for procurement, contract and vendor management for a defined portfolio of regional operational contracts including ground handling, cargo, airport charges, lounges, chauffeur drive and crew hotels. To achieve the lowest total cost of purchase/ownership and optimum terms & conditions in accordance with best procurement techniques.
This will include issue of tenders; direct supplier negotiations; preparation and evaluation of options available; critical assessment of business risk associated with options and different scenarios in order to develop the best negotiating strategies; preparation of written contracts and administration of all contracts. Where appropriate, these functions should be done in close co-operation with customer and support departments.
- The job holder should be University Graduate in Business Admin or Commerce
- Preferred to be CIPS Qualified with a minimum of ten years practical experience preferably in an Airline or other Blue Chip Organisation in the middle management level with strong financial acumen.
- The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, with strong commercial acumen. He/she must have strong organisational and negotiation skills.
- The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have the interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel.
- The job holder should have a minimum of 10 years experience in the procurement of ground handling agreements and airport charges for a major carrier.