Tool design, assembly, manufacturing processing, cost estimating, systems planning, layout, standards, releasing, etc.and requires the coordination of all disciplines.
- Ensuring optimum utilization of equipment and space by coordinating the layout of areas such as storage areas, test equipment, etc.
- Coordinating the installation of new machines and equipment and process changes to provide the most efficient and economical manufacture or assembly of quality parts.
- Responsibility for expense budgets, capital forecasts and expenditures, and all personnel issues in the area including performance evaluations of team.
- May also be responsible for the acquisition of new vehicles and maintaining the fleet for a facility; disposition of surplus machines; investigation and negotiation of contracts.
-Reporting to the incumbent are individuals of various disciplines, which could include some combination of the following: Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering, Facilities Engineering, EHS and Maintenance etc. Involvement with technical disciplines such as Engineering Design, Accounting etc., which involve complex issues, is normally on a coordination basis.
-Establish policies, priorities and procedures with counsel from the Facility Management, Department Manager, and Global Support Team. Motivates and trains the team, along with directing the group on various policy and operating issues. Communicates with various Facility and Business Unit support personnel to review and update policy; financial reports, facility metrics and other issues; vendors on establishing new suppliers and to resolve production support problems and cost issues, etc.
-Involvement with developing and managing the departments plan, and manages the various processes, including scheduling and monitoring manufacturing/assembly operating equipment, ensuring customer satisfaction, developing and maintaining processes. Prepares and manages the expense budget for the department. Coordinates Operations Capital planning and implementation. Approves all items which affect the budget including overtime, tooling, indirect materials, subcontractors, inventory levels, personnel levels, etc.
-Contributes to the planning and scheduling of product for maximum efficiency and ensures efficient integration of factory, material, maintenance and processes to support profitable operations of assigned areas.
-Participates in the NPI and CPPD process to ensure that shop floor operations are in line with the overall Company strategies. Implement various corporate initiatives such as CPS, 6 Sigma, Internal Certification, etc.
-The incumbent provides direction, focus, motivation, and encouragement for subordinates. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
Effective communication skills and sound judgment.
- Technical or university degree in an appropriate manufacturing or engineering related field.
- Thorough knowledge of the planning system, manufacturing operations, facilities, methods and tooling required.
- Previous supervisory experience and at least three to four years manufacturing experience.