MEA (Middle-East And Africa) Compliance & Ethics Officer Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Executive / Top Management | Pharmaceuticals
The MEA Regional Compliance Officer (Associate Director) acts as the Compliance responsible person for policies, education and monitoring plans in MEA. The role is an integral part of the MEA operating committee and it is based in the MEA HQ in Dubai.
- Acts as the Compliance responsible person for policies, education and monitoring plans in MEA.
- Supports local operations with queries and compliance-related advice.
- Identifies local and MEA HQ needs for procedural/documents and support implementation.
- Ensures effective implementation of guidance and execution of related trainings/”train the trainer” sessions.
- Supports process owner in ensuring training is performed, recorded, tracked and reported.
- Identifies and provides training & guidance needs for the countries, particularly based on local needs and requirements.
- Demonstrates ability and preparedness to work in full synergy with Business Control Function.
- Report to E-MEA Compliance & Ethics any compliance-related training, whether EMEA-originated or not, including in the Quarterly Report.
- Provides input on local code rules, processes, and language requirements and more particularly provide all necessary support for the program’s effective enforcement.
- Represents E-MEA Compliance & Ethics in the Country Compliance Committee and is a member of such a Committee, organizing and providing secretarial of the said Committee.
- Attends country brand team meetings and provides compliance support as needed.
- Participates in the development with the E-MEA Compliance & Ethics Team monitoring plan and then implements and drives execution of specific MEA monitoring plan.
- Ensures compliance-related processes are effective and complied with in each MEA unit through continuous and structured monitoring efforts and related prompt response and where needed remediation. Ensure risk-assessment and follow-up.
- Provides compliance support in selected Business Program horizontal regional E-MEA projects, including selected procedural documents implementation and trainings.
- Informs immediately E-MEA Compliance & Ethics Business Program Director and the E-MEA Compliance & Ethics Vice-President on any potential compliance related issue.
- Travel ratio is approximately 50% time. Systematic working time in each MEA market is required.
- 5-6 years experience, mostly covering the MEA region, preferably in the compliance department of a large healthcare company, or in a function in relation with the healthcare regulatory environment. Previous experience in dealing with multi-country regulations. Counseling experience would be a plus.
- Previous experience in a multinational and multicultural business environment is required.
- Demonstrated and proven knowledge of the MEA Code, local codes and regulations in MEA.
- University degree or business school with a major in audit or control.
Knowledge Desired/Key Skills
- Ability to act and remain independent, to assert their views, including when difficult and unpopular, in autonomy and in compliance with the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in challenging or adverse situations, while remaining solutions oriented.
- In-depth understanding of healthcare laws/regulations/codes and ability to apply rules to specific cases/questions, autonomously and to control their application.
- Ability to draft accurately and autonomously procedural documents and training materials.
- Ability to conduct detailed and accurate in-depth compliance analysis and provide related advice.
- Ability to mediate and reconcile different views and to demonstrate leadership.
- Ability to summarize, transform and communicate complex messages into pragmatic business language.
- Strong communication and listening skills, in particular the ability to train a large audience, respond to questions, present complex matters to management.
- Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and display cultural sensitivity
- English and Arabic business level standards required; French knowledge a plus.
- Owning a visa allowing travel all over the MEA region and internationally.