The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant will develop protocols and procedures to monitor and evaluate various initiatives, programs, and projects, both new and established, to help provide accountability and ensure efficiency in success from baseline to end line.
· Establishing, modifying and monitoring key performance indicators and metrics to record and report progress for organizational-level, department-level, and program/project-level activities within the organization.
· S/he will also collaborate with department, program and project managers to prepare monthly, quarterly, and final narrative reports on activities.
· S/he will serve as a critical organizational resource to align goals and objectives, with the larger scope of the Research and Evaluation Department.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
· Leads all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and informing staff capacity building initiatives. Leads M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
· Defines and implements key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitors them throughout the duration of the projects.
· Assists program/project staff in clarifying project information needs. Supports program/project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program/project progress.
· Ensures that donor, partner, and senior management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Provides and updates the organization and all departments with a vision, framework and strategic plan for the M&E unit of the R&E Department utilizing conceptual frameworks, results frameworks and logic models
· Conducts regular data verification exercises to ensure overall quality and accuracy; leads compilation, analysis and consolidation of cross-country data in coordination with the Department Manager, technical units, and researchers.
· Suggests ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within program/project field teams. Performs field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and verifies the accuracy of reported data. Identifies strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
· Implements and participates in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
· Composes and edit program/project guidelines and other documents and provide general support to improving processes. Ensures project budgets are tracked against contract milestones.
· Keeps abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
· Reviews the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Evaluates project issues and executes action plans to ensure resolution. Actively identifies and escalates quality and compliance concerns.
- Advises Program/Project Managers in the formulation of baseline measures and targets as an integral component of proposal development for existing and new activities
- Ensures compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Performs any other task assigned by management
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Project Management, Administration, Information Management, Public Health, or a related field. Significant and advanced Monitoring and Evaluation experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience with demonstrated results in project management, research, program monitoring and evaluation, proposal development.
· A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
· First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Experience with coordinating and writing evaluation reports and briefs, and presenting findings.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, work under pressure, and manage significant travel to insecure environments.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and management skills
- Creativity and the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments independently.
· Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.