Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
• Partner with project personnel to establish the plan and document the scope, develop project schedules and or capital cost estimates.
• Make presentations to clients as needed.
• Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
• Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
• Conduct periodic site visits in order to review cost reporting.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning project modifications including requested modifications, company policies, regulatory requirements, and required completion dates
• Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects
• Prepares technical Statements of Work for construction projects, facility modifications, improvements and high end service and project contracts
• Coordinates the review of estimated project costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparations, and other related costs
• Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget
• Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule
• Maintain scheduling processes and procedures and update as required
• Manage the operation of the project scheduling system (microsoft project, primavera, etc)
• Interface and support Projects to ensure project schedules are accurate and maintained
• Interface with project teams to ensure that milestones are established and reported monthly
• Ensure scheduling information and reports are accurate.
• Perform monthly or bi-weekly programme level scheduling analysis as required
• Assist in preparation of programme master schedule and perform critical path analysis.
• Integrate project budget and schedule to support EVM analysis and reporting.
• Participate in claims analysis and negotiations.
• Prepare schedule performance measurements reports, forecasts and studies.
• Develop and implement project control procedures in conjunction with supporting project ancillary functions.
• Prepare project plans and detailed manpower utilization plans.
• Analyze critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommends workarounds to mitigate impacts.
• Develop plans and recommendations for mitigation of impacts of schedule problems.
Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes:
• Primavera and Microsoft Project knowledge/experience
• Proficient user of all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel and Access.
• Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings
• Good interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience with an engineering or construction firm is
• Previous experience on construction projects in the oil and gas sector will be an added advantage.