The Reservoir Engineer will work in a cross functional team which is dedicated to an operated asset. The asset has an active drilling program of both platform and subsea wells and the successful candidate will be required to work closely with Drilling, Production and Operations teams. Working to analyse and optimise production the Reservoir Engineer will be responsible for providing expertise in the following areas: reserves determination, project management, simulation, and classical reservoir management and engineering techniques. The position is predominately onshore based, but may require occasional offshore work.
• Economic and decision risk analysis including probabilistic methods for use in evaluation of projects, new and re-drill well targets.
• Discuss issues at detailed technical level with production, reservoir and drilling engineers, as well as geoscientists.
• Work with and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of Chevron organisation, asset partners, government agencies and vendors.
• Participates in strategic and business planning efforts towards complete reservoir management.
MSc in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
- A knowledge of classical reservoir management and engineering techniques for different types of reservoirs.
- Experience in calculating field reserves using deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Experience in building and maintenance of black oil finite element simulation models.
- Understanding of probabalistic workflows.
- Broad Reservoir Engineering experience.
- Previous experience of working within an operated asset team desirable
- Knowledge of Eclipse desirable.
- Good knowledge of project economics.
- Ability to communicate cross discipline.
- Ability to foster co-operation and collaboration among team members is considered an important asset.
- Effective oral and written communication abilities.