Retail Technologist - Food Science. Fixed Term Contract - Until 31st December 2013 Contract
England - Stockport, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 7 - 10 years | Contract | Male or Female | Food Production | Food Production
The underlying aim of the role is to initiate quality improvements within T&L SUGARS using experience gained in the food industry to define best practice and therefore anticipate our customers’ requirements and liaise with our customers, commercial and operational teams as necessary. The jobholder will be expected to work closely with senior personnel from a wide range of functions within T&L SUGARS and our customers.
- Provision of accurate technical information to our customers in a timely fashion including questionnaires, specifications, certificates of analysis and position statements.
- Drive improvements throughout the Company to enhance our customer’s perception of T&L SUGARS.
- Provide the technical link between the company and customers.
- Visit customers sites to resolve quality issues relating to our products
- Be aware of issues and developments in the food industry so that T&L SUGARS can implement improvements before customers highlight deficiencies
- Manage customer audits and ensure corrective actions are acted upon in a timely fashion
- Pro-actively communicate initiatives and activities being undertaken within Operations to our industrial customers
- Support the Product development process for retail products
- Maintain QMS for retail products
- Support SAP purchasing material ordering process
- Support maintenance of our 3rdparty approvals & certifications
- Produce the weekly employee newsletter
- Graduate in food science or related subject or Chemical engineering.
- Solid experience in a similar role.
- Experience of customer interface, either as a supplier to industry or retailers.
- Exposure to food or sugar industry best practice and the ability to communicate this to a wide audience.
- Excellent knowledge of quality systems, and their implementation.
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence people who may have conflicting priorities.
- Proactive and motivated by change.
- Understanding of SAP systems