As part of the Sales and Project Finance team across Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), this role will support GE industrial business’ growth with sales finance solutions. The financial product and structures will vary widely across the industries of Energy, Transportation, Aviation and Healthcare; products will include trade-finance, leasing, asset-backed lending and project finance.
- Embedded with GE Regional Sale and Project team, closely work with field sales force including distributors leads project finance/PPP and development structuring for SSA and drives order growth through co-investment and co- development.
- Support GE engagement under the various country strategic agreements (MOU - Memorandum of Agreement)
- Develop close relations with a network of regional/local banks/financial Institutions & Investors and build a range of finance solutions
- Originate customer and project financing opportunities and initiate structuring of financing solutions. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the broader SPF team.
- Analyze Credit and Market risks, lead the preparation of external documentation (Information Memoranda) and internal documentation (pricing models, credit requests and board papers); provide useful market intelligence for decision making, structuring and pricing in order to win transactions and clear market in our role as financial arranger.
- Lead projects independently. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the functional teams in tax, accounting, legal and operations. Advise on and structure transactions where GE is taking direct risk; either on corporate or project finance basis.
- Minimizing GE risk exposure and track GE off balance sheet risk exposure opportunities in the afore- mentioned region to boost GE sales.
- Leverage GE SPF expertise (ECA - Export Credit Agency, Project & Structured finance) as well GE Specific products and investment vehicles
- MBA/University level degree and/or GE FMP graduate
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services industry, and a minimum of 3 years in credit and risk analysis in a leadership role.
- Background in project finance/project development advisory
- Deep project finance skills required
- Strong Modeling, Credit and underwriting skills required
- Experience in developing/financing of complex multi-party infrastructure projects
- Strong Project Management and integration skills
- Ability to develop and underwrite business models, working with developers and with risk and underwriting teams to obtain organizational approval for development capital and long-term/debt funding.
- Strong knowledge and connection of/with Regional & international Lenders
- Strong knowledge of regional markets and stakeholders (EPC’s, Developers, Local Authorities)
- Experience in market/business development would be a key asset in order to lead market/opportunities sizing and scoping for deal origination purposes.
- Proven leadership and deal origination/execution skills with extensive experience working closely with Senior Management Teams.
- Ability to execute and negotiate small and large, complex deals with different customer/risk profile
- Proven knowledge of one or more countries of the region and ability to work in emerging markets environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must. French is a plus but optional
- Self-starter & proactive. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills to work cross functionally
- Flexile/adaptable – able to work with diverse group of people in a matrix environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Equipment and project finance working experience
- Project finance groups of commercial banks and project advisory firms
- Experience in financing or lending activities in the region
- ECA and/or DFI (Development Finance Institutions) application experience.