The authenticity of this employer is yet to be ascertained by Careerslip.com Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
- Planning: Assist the Business Manager with the implementation of financial plans, objectives and strategies to contribute to the effective commercial management of the School.
- Budgeting: Assist the Business Manager with the preparation of the School’s budget and implement effective mechanisms for its ongoing review. Liaise with Departmental Heads and budget managers to ensure expenditure is managed in accordance with budget procedures.
- Reporting: Perform the various financial accounting functions associated with formulation of financial statements (Annual Return), business reporting, statutory reports (FBT, DEST etc), management of the global reconciliation process and other related accounting tasks in order to accurately account for all transactions carried out.
- Cash Management: Under the direction of the Business Manager develop and implement effective cash management budgeting techniques including investment and borrowing opportunity assessments in order to maximise the School’s financial resources.
- School Accounts: Supervise the raising of School tuition accounts and control collections in a manner designed to reduce the risk exposure of the School to bad debts and to maximise cash flow
- Creditors: Manage the Accounts Payable functions and establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Payroll: Manage the activities of the Payroll Officer in the administration of payroll functions in the application of agreed employment terms and conditions.
- Tax: Compute taxes owed Prepare the Fringe Benefit and Goods and Services Tax returns, reporting other tax requirements, and manage any issues that subsequently arise.
- Audit: Under the direction of the Business Manager act as the principal liaison with the School’s Auditor and manage the financial audit.
- Superannuation: Manage the School’s Superannuation program ensuring accurate and timely payments are made to employees’ superannuation funds in compliance with statutory requirements. Liaise with superannuation funds regarding employee and/or employer contributions as required
- Business Systems: Contribute to the ongoing development of the School’s financial management systems.
- Other Entities: Coordinate the financial operations of the School’s ancillary business operations, in particular the School Shop. Coordinate the provision of financial accounting support to the Parents’ Association and the Alumni Association Foundation when required.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and relevant experience in a similar role CA or CPA qualifications.
- A working knowledge of the relevant financial accounting regulations, standards policies combined with a demonstrated ability to interpret and apply them.
- Well-developed computer skills in the areas of computerised accounting systems, spreadsheets and other associated computer software.
- Well-developed communication skills including report and letter writing and most have.
- Knowledge of the education sector.