Senior Associate, Finance - Eden House, Spital Square Full Time
England - London, United Kingdom | Professional Qualification | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Accounting | Financial Services
We are Sapient. For over two decades we have been partnering with some of the world’s most recognized brands and organizations, helping them transform their businesses and operations to succeed and thrive in a fast-changing digital world.
We operate three divisions: SapientNitro, Sapient Global Markets, and Sapient Government Services, each with extensive capabilities and expertise to address the particular industries they serve.
But what we all have in common, what each of our 11,000+ team members in 35 offices across the globe share, is an all encompassing drive to do whatever it takes. To overcome any obstacle, to exceed expectations, and create fanatical advocates – within our clients and ourselves. In fact, we’re proud to claim that our unique culture and values are part of case studies being used by MBA programs at Harvard and Yale.
Sapient is looking for individuals who want to make a difference. Our environment fosters growth and creativity, demands openness and client-focused delivery, and celebrates initiative and risk-taking.
This role is part of the Accounting team that is responsible for all accounting operations across a number of UK and European companies. The accounting operations include areas like monthly financial close, preparation of local company financial statements, support of compliance requirements (including internal/external audit, assisting Tax team on direct and indirect tax reporting). As our systems continue to evolve, this role will work closely with our Enterprise Applications team to help improve processes, systems and reporting to increase efficiency and quality.
- Operate complex monthly financial close processes for multiple companies in different currencies on areas like payroll accounting, FX revaluation and high volume accrual processes. This includes preparation of GL journal entries, supporting documents and subsequent Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet variances using advanced Excel skills and writing of clear, concise commentary to aid understanding of key drivers
- Support audit and statutory accounts preparation processes. This will lead to ownership of certain entities year end statutory reporting processes (hopefully within a year or so)
- Focus on continual process improvement in all aspects of role from a technology, control and organization perspective while producing high quality documentation
- Some review and co-ordination responsibilities in relation to third party providers, other Sapient offices and some Global Shared Service Finance teams.
- Experience working in, or with, dynamic, high growth, large scale complex international companies (essential)
- Strong Excel skills (must be comfortable with Pivots) to work with large amounts of data to convert to numerical and written insight (essential)
- Experience of working in high performing teams with willingness to help and appreciation of the importance of deadlines and commitments. Ability to operate in a calm and friendly manner (essential)
- Experience of audit requirements and process; ideally as both an auditor and someone who’s worked has been audited. (essential)
- Exposure to ERP systems (Oracle Financials R12 ideal) with an ability to understand complex transaction and system flows (desired)
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Degree educated