1. To coordinate C&P activities in the Operations (Production), Drilling & Engineering Departments.
2. To assist the Head, C & P Department in the implementation of the C&P processes and procedures across the organization.
3. To assist the Head, C & P at the strategy and planning stage, to develop C&P strategy and contracting plans. Work with Sponsors in the Operations (Production), Drilling & Engineering to prepare contracting strategies and contract plans for each year.
4. Work closely with the Drilling & Engineering Departments in developing work scopes, prepare invitations to tender (ITT’s) and requests for quotations (RFQ’s), prepare tender and bid documents.
5. Assist in setting Technical and Commercial criteria for tender evaluations. Responsible for preparation of Company estimates. Coordinate technical and commercial evaluations, prepare draft contracts and negotiate commercial terms.
6. Liaise closely with Operations (Production), Drilling & Engineering Sponsors to ensure all contracts are tendered for and executed in line with OML 42 JOA as well as in compliance with NEL internal C & P Procedures.
7. Coordinate contracts & PO creation to ensure the terms and conditions are water-tight and the JV interest is fully protected.
8. Facilitate contract negotiation meetings in conjunction with the Head C&P and the Sponsors/Contract Holders if and when necessary.
9. Facilitate kick off meetings with Contractors in conjunction with the Drilling & Engineering Sponsors/Contract Holders prior to the finalisation of contracts, if and when necessary ensuring that Contractors meet the tendered and pre-contract execution requirements.
10. Proactively support Sponsors/Contract Holders in all contract management activities.
11. Ensure proper filing of all hard and soft documentation in respect of the Tender/Contract from tender initiation to Contract close-out stage in conjunction with the C & P Department.
Minimum 12 - 15 years Contracts & Procurement experience in the International Upstream Oil & Gas Industry. Prior experience of setting up contracts from scratch preferable. Must have proven track record of strong commercial and business skills, including claims management, contract re-negotiations along with very strong IT skills. Ability to manage all stakeholders including Federal Government Agencies (e.g. NNPC, NAPIMS. NPDC, NCDMB). Must have extensive contacts network within the Oil & Gas service companies. A degree in Law, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration & Supply Chain Management will be an advantage.