Our Client is looking for a Senior Instrument & Control Engineer who can ensure that risks associated with/resulted from asset life extension activities are understood, evaluated, and effectively controlled, providing sufficient visibility to their Company & Shareholders on relevant threats and demonstrating compliance where applicable.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Support the institution of an HSE culture and adhere to relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation, ensuring that they are effectively implemented in relevant domain
- Ensure that relevant HSE and Integrity threats (aging, obsolescence) are identified and evaluated
- Support development of and communicate Company Asset Life Extension Management (ALEM) Strategy, ensuring its alignment with the overall business goals
- Define, identify and ensure satisfaction of all critical Business/Decision Drivers
- Participate in designing/developing, if required, specific Business Application related to ALEM
Budgets and Business Plans
- Develop and implement, in integration with other ALEM discipline engineers, ALEM yearly business plan and allocate the optimal budget in line with Department’s business objectives,
- Provide inputs to maintain an updated long term asset replacement/rejuvenation plan which addresses & captures forecasted business requirements and threats to asset functions
- Monitor, collaboratively with other ALEM discipline engineers, expenditures against the approved budget and investigate & reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
- B.Sc. in Instrument & Control Engineering or equivalent with full knowledge of HSE in a plant environment.
- Excellent ability to develop and implement ALEM processes and procedures for achievement of the desired goals
- Management skills related to the functional domain and disciplines
- Project management and multiple activities/discipline management skills
- Strong ability to coach others and build network across groups and shares ideas
- Drive results, focus on must wins, make changes and open & honest
- Strong ability to set direction and commitment to achieving excellence and challenging goals
- Analytical thinking and problem solving/root cause analysis skills
- Strong and effective ability to work closely with all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to respond to changing work scope and business needs while still accomplishing required
- At least 12 years experience in relevant professional in Oil and Gas industry with:
1. Thorough knowledge/emphasis on Instrument & Control systems design (DCS, ESD, FGS, Turbine and compressor control systems, metering systems, field instrumentation), maintenance aspects and CoP
2. Knowledge of methods, system and techniques relevant to ALEM
3. Strong knowledge of applicable standards and industrycurrent best practices relevant to Instrument & Control systems life extension
4. Strong knowledge of LCC and Statistical Analysis techniques
5. Over 7 years experience in a supervisory position
6. Project and plant technical, operations and/or maintenance experience (min. of 5 years of diverse maintenance experience)
7. Sound knowledge of HSE principles relevant to Oil & Gas industry.