Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer - Utilities Full Time
Ash Shariqah [Sharjah], United Arab Emirates | Bachelor's Degree | 10 - 15 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Engineering | Construction
New Opportunities to work for WSP Middle East as a Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer - Utilities.
This role is for a graduate with at least ten (10) years of experience delivering electrical power distribution systems of various voltages (HV, MV, LV), including sub-stations and power networks. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in complementary infrastructure fields such as public realm street-lighting, pumping station plant and equipment, SCADA, instrumentation, and PLC control / automation. Experience of coordinating with local UAE / GCC government and utility company agencies for design approvals (NOCs) will also be preferred.
• Focus on the delivery of high quality technical design drawings and specifications to the required regulations.
• Develop the technical capabilities of the team.
• Contribute to technical solutions on projects.
• Initiate and participate in design peer reviews.
• Provide support and guidance to Technical Working Group (TWG).
• Keep up to date with industry developments with respect to own discipline and appreciate the basic technical principles and drivers of other disciplines.
• To act as PM on selected projects by managing the successful delivery of high quality multi and single disciplinary projects.
• Project manage and supervise teams to successfully deliver high quality discipline projects in line with the Project Life Cycle.
• Complete project planning, stakeholder and risk management.
• In conjunction with the Project Director identify, assess and manage major project risk and secure these risks are designed out from the project.
• To ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
• Input into the delivery of project P&L budgets, forecasts and working capital targets for own projects.
• Input into the accurate and timely recognition of revenue for own projects and projects.
• Input into delivering the process of working capital management from inception to completion within set deadlines; This includes the timing of invoicing, the review of Work in Progress (WIP) and the collection of outstanding invoices from clients whilst utilising the advice of the support functions as necessary.
• Contribute to the completion of monthly management project reports to be issued by set deadline.
• Manage and support team.
• Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
• Plan resource needs and escalate as required if there are resource requirements.
• Input into the recruitment and selection process.
• Work closely with line managers to ensure that Complementary Resource Centres (CRCs) communication and design processes are continually improved.
• Conduct meaningful inductions, performance management reviews and personal development plans that support the development of individuals and the business.
• Input into succession planning and career development across their team.
• Input into the Business Unit (BU) strategy and facilitate implementation across project team.
• Provide regular project status and financial performance updates to line manager.
• Attend team meetings and lead project team meetings. Cascade relevant information and encourage feedback from team.
• Lead by example and ensure QMS and Project Lifecycle compliance across their team and projects.
• Support the companies approach to Sustainability and ensure that the Sustainability strategy is implemented across the team.
• Input into business development activities through participation in external market profile raising activities and functions.
• Actively develop external and internal client relationships.
• Input into the Key Account Management (KAM) programmes via line manager, with the aim of increasing client intelligence to develop win solutions and support unique selling points for prospects.
• Act as Prospect Manager on selected projects.
• Assist in the Implementation of the ‘Prospect to Project Process.
• Provide technical support to respond to prequalification documents, Request for Price (RFPs) and other client inquiries.
• Input into the financial build-up of resources and lump sum pricing items for prospects where required.
• BEng / BSc (Hon) or equivalent discipline with minimum 10 years post graduate experience
• Member of associated Professional body
• Civil Eng preferred although not essential
• Experience and proven ability to manage projects and team.
• Experience of MS Office Suite of Programmes
• Comprehensive experience of technical design and associated discipline software