Senior Propositions Manager - Consumer Broadband Full Time
England - London, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Customer Service | Telecommunications
As Consumer embarks on an exciting new phase of BT Sport driven customer growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to be at the heart of this action – taking on direct ownership of our key £1bn+ broadband revenue stream and associated profit protection plans. This is a challenging and high profile role, offering the successful applicant a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of the Consumer business.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Owning and delivering P&L based targets based on a combination of volume and price drivers, budget management and cost optimisation.
- Owning the overall BB proposition strategy to sell more broadband by identifying target customer segments, analysing market trends and competitors.
- Identifying new cost reduction initiatives to increase profit – delivering these individually and via a range of key stakeholders.
- Producing clear and robust business cases, championing these (with financial support) at Director and MD level.
- Including the creation of advanced models to support volume / cost assumptions.
- Ensuring these propositions are communicated and executed effectively via our marketing teams, and at our points of sale, respectively.
- Working with the wider Broadband, Sales and Marketing teams, as well as with BTW and Openreach, to produce short and a long term volumes forecasts including a consideration of product mix and bundle sales, including feeding operational forecasts into Customer Service to support resourcing requirements.
Key measures this person will be solely/ jointly responsible for:
- Solely: Broadband Revenue and Gross Margin targets.
- Jointly: Broadband Product Mix, Install, Regrade and Save volume targets.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of commercial creativity, instigating game-changing propositions or portfolio change, which have driven value into either a B2C telecoms business, or a company operating in a consumer market with an increasing focus on customer loyalty and churn reduction (e.g. Utilities, banking or the Mobile telecoms market).
- A track record of numeracy and attention to detail in previous front line commercial roles, including extensive experience of building complex business cases to target different customer segments.
- Experience of explaining complex concepts in simple language (both verbally and in writing) to influence a wide range of stakeholders and obtain Exec. level sign-off of new commercial ideas.
- A high level of personal resilience, with examples of where their drive and intervention has directly improved key business outcomes, in challenging circumstances.
- A highly collaborative natural style with a proven track record of being able to lead and deliver within a large virtual team.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent excel skills.
- Strategic and lateral thinking, with a proven track record of delivery
- Good budget and programme management skills