Provide demonstrable added value to the life cycle of NEL projects by supporting implementation of robust and fit-for-purpose Quality Management System covering activities from design to operations and a process to monitor compliance. Bringing together into ‘best practice’ the variety of existing systems into one common and consistent process. Engaging Contractors and Vendors with the objective of meeting satisfactory Quality standards and maintaining technical integrity. Key Competencies:
A thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems, Technical Integrity Verification Schemes/Plans, Shell Quality Management System, matched with a vision of the importance of fit-for-purpose / fit-for-life technical requirements and the ability to translate the vision into practical solutions.
· Have a sound understanding of and be capable of following technical standards applied.
· Have a sound knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices as they relate to QA/QC.
· Have a sound knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, WPS/PQR, WPQT witness and reviews, welding processes, particular knowledge of Duplex / S.S / C.S materials welding.
· Have a sound knowledge of Welder qualification testing (WQT) for structural and pipng applications.
· Have a sound knowldege in NDT procedures and processes (UT/RT/PT/MTetc) their application, review, tracking and reporting controls
· Have a sound familiarity of oil and gas codes and standards eg, ASME, AWS, API, etc
· Have a sound knowledge of design, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning activities.
· Ability to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, including Contractors and Vendors.
· Be able to communicate effectively with contacts of different cultural backgrounds.
· To work effectively with other staff and contractors within the GIOGP.
· Be suitably qualified and experienced to ensure that the Quality Management System requirements are delivered effectively and credibly.
· Be able to read and write fluently in the English language.
· Skilled in Computer use, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Exchange.
· Ability to travel to all project locations.
· A strong and committed team player.
Engineering/Science graduate in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Mechanical engineering, Welding engineering, Metallurgy etc)
At least 12 years project experience in the Oil Industry with at least 7 years as a Senior QA/QC Inspector.
Have demonstrable experience in Quality Management Systems and a sound working knowledge of ISO 9000(2000) and elements
Have current membership of NDT/ Quality related Institute.
Current qualification in Inspection (CSWIP Senior Inspector (TWI), or BGAS/ERS (UK) Front end Inspector)
Current qualification in NDT interpretation (ACCP/ASNT Level II RT/UT Interpretation) or equivelant.