Sommelier - Rib Room - Jumeirah Emirates Towers Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Hospitality / Leisure / Travels | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting role has arisen in Rib Room at Jumeirah Emirates Towers for a Sommelier. The main purpose of this position is to lead a bar team that maintains a high level of customer service and standards.
- Ensuring consistency is maintained in the bar organisation, the spirit stocks, the cocktail lists, the cocktail knowledge and the spirit / drink service in the restaurant.
- Ensuring all guests receive a positive and professional service at the bar.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the food and beverage menus.
- Providing a clear communication process to all relevant parties.
- Maximising revenue opportunities through exceptional service.
- Protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues.
- Ensuring all customer contact are handled politely and efficiently, ascertaining and accurately meets their needs.
- Ensuring par levels of stock and equipment within the bar area are maintained according to business levels at all times.
- Ensure opening and closing duties are performed to a high standard.
- To understand and comply with all local licensing laws and to promote responsible service of alcohol.
- Demonstrating high standard of personal appearance, always wearing the full and correct uniform and ensuring good personal hygiene supported by maintaining a clear and tidy bar area.
- Proactively ensuring that the information given to customers is accurate and appropriate.
- Maintaining and further enhance relationships within the immediate existing and future customers.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you have minimum 3 years working experience in a general beverage management role for a standalone or branded bar and restaurant. You should have an outstanding beverage knowledge and a WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) certified.
You should have excellent command of the English langauge, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage.
It is desirable that you have a diploma or degree in Food and Beverage Management.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.