Speciality Outlet Manager - Tortuga - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Resort Full Time
Dubayy [Dubai], United Arab Emirates | Diploma | 3 - 5 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Food & Beverages | Hospitality/Leisure
An exciting role has arisen for a Speciality Outlet Manager to join Tortuga in Mina A' Salam. The main purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the Outlet/Restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimising profits and increasing sales.
- Monitoring effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and providing hands-on support as and when required.
- Closely monitoring the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with Cashiering Procedures and support spot audits.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction and responding to customer feedback and complaints ensuring Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah procedures for Customer Satisfaction Index and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Maintaining & actively using Epicure to capture customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advising the F&B management of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to Standard Operating Procedures or addition and deletion of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively implementing strategies to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducting performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives detailed in the Food & Beverage Department Performance Plan.
- Determining the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs.
- Providing constant coaching, counselling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organisation.
- Ensuring manning and competence level of selected colleagues is sufficient for the department to meet the needs of the organisation and customer.
- Ensuring up-to-date hard-copies of department Standard Operating Procedures are maintained at all times.
- Communicating new or amended procedures to relevant departments/ colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Maintaining appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience.
- Assisting Food & Beverage Production & Food & Beverage Management in menu planning and menu rotation.
- Maintaining a full and accurate market study.
- Implementing the marketing activities and record analysis report.
- Participating in market surveys.
- Implementing systems/measures to control Food & Beverage costs within budget guidelines, minimising wastage and maximising productivity.
- Training all colleagues in suggestive selling and up-selling techniques to assist in achieving maximise profitability.
- Ensuring opening & closing checklists are completed on a daily basis.
- Conducting regular briefings and meetings to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Developing and updating Food & Beverage knowledge of all colleagues on a regular basis and ensuring 100% menu competence.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally have a diploma or degree in Hospitality Management. You should have minimum 4 years management experience in a premium Mexican or Latin American themed 5 star establishment.
It is essential that you have excellent command of both the English and Spanish language. Proficiency in other European languages would be an advantage.
You should be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) and Cashiering Systems (Micros, HSI etc.)
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, and reduced hotel rates.