Gaffney Cline and Associates Nigeria Operations Manager
Manage Projects, with particular focus on Integrated Activities in collaboration with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket, this implies:
· Leading project teams and managing projects, maintaining frequent contact with the external clients and ensuring adherence to timescales and budgets.
· Handling special projects, as assigned by the Operations Manager/GCA Nigeria Manager.
· Working both independently and as part of a multi-disciplined teams working with an extensive client base.
· Provide peer review of deliverables to clients.
· As such, an understanding of Baker Hughes overall business is expected with focus on Integrated Services.
· The candidate is expected to help the GCA Ops Manager to set up a new GCA Collaboration office in Lagos: The assignment is to establish a permanent GCA Collaboration presence in Lagos, Nigeria focused on providing “Integrated Solutions” to BHI clients in Nigeria. Integrated Solutions are defined for the purposes of this post, where GCA’s subsurface and commercial experience is combined with BHI Geomarket’s products and services to offer a “one stop shop” to our clients.
· Focus on business development, getting new Integrated Projects alongside Baker Hughes Geomarket. Thus, the candidate is expected to work alongside the GCA Operations Manager to define the development/rejuvenation concepts’ and coordinate the delivery of the proposals for Integrated Solutions to Clients.
· Post recruitment, the candidate is expected to mentor, train and build an effective GCA Team in Lagos.
· Deputise for the GCA Ops Manager, when required. Help to manage the overall office, budget and project expenditures.
· Ensure that all the team adheres to Baker Hughes ethical codes. Ensure that a safe working environment is provided to GCA personnel.
· Develop a rapport with Baker Hughes Nigeria Geomarket and manage the relationship with Baker Hughes product lines.
· Given the start-up nature of this office, and the evolving needs of GCA and the Geomarket, the prime requirement for the job is to be strategically aware and flexible to address priorities as they crystallize / become defined.
· Help the GCA Ops Manager to set business objectives and targets for the GCA Nigeria Team.
· Develop relations with wider oil and gas industry in Lagos, with emphasis on Indigenous Companies and small IOCs.
· A proven track record in the upstream oil and gas industry, with noteworthy exposure to the Nigerian upstream industry is required.
· First degree in Engineering or Geosciences as well as a relevant Master’s degree is required.
· Experience in development, production and rejuvenations/EOR operations is desired. Exposure to exploration and appraisal projects is an additional bonus. Reservoir and production management experience in onshore fields is a must; experience of offshore operations is a plus.
· Must be entrepreneurial with a track record of attracting and increasing business (business development is the key focus of this role).
· Prior experience of working for Operating Companies is a must, ideally in Nigeria. Experience as a consultant or working in a Service Company is a plus.
· Able to work in Nigeria, familiarity with the work culture and environment in Nigeria is a must (this position is based in Nigeria).
· Knowledge of contract management, bid/tenders and commercial matters is a plus.
· A proven track record in managing integrated teams alongside professionals from other disciplines is a requirement.
· Familiarity with project Economic Analysis aspects of the upstream industry is desired. - Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong client focus with strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication is required. Must be highly motivated with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills. Must have good time management skills.
· Prior experience of managing budgets is a plus.
· Ability to help the recruitment process is a plus.
· Ability to mentor and develop junior members is expected.