Trainee Genesys Support Engineer Full Time
Scotland, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Information Technology | Computer Software
The main purpose of this role will be to deliver on-going technical support for BSkyB's Genesys based Customer Management and Contact Centre applications and underlying telephony architecture.
- Provide technical expertise to enable the correct operation of the application and operational procedures.
- Ensure that the applications are supported using the appropriate processes and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Accept software modules from software developers and produce software builds for loading onto target hardware from software source code.
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of software. Taking action to ensure that targets are met within established safety and quality procedures.
- Ensure that you maintain knowledgeable information and communicate your technical knowledge and specialisation.
- Work on your own initiative or with other departments and third parties to isolate and resolve incidents.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Support other technologies that interact with the Genesys platform, such as PCI regulatory software, Work Force Management and Call Recording.
- Hold a degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- Ideally experienced in a Support capacity, but not essential.
- An understanding of the operations of a contact centre.
- A passion for technology and supporting the customer.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.