- Develop comprehensive competency management system and database for the company by industry, job skills, knowledge and ability for both core and behavioural competencies.
- Coordinate the process of skill gap identification and development of strategies to eliminate such gaps both for the company as a whole and individually, working with the management of the company.
- Develop comprehensive annual training plan for the company, implement and monitor the effectiveness of the training given to staff
- Coordinate the process of individual development plan and monitor improvement based on the plan.
- Take Ownership of certification training required by relevant personnel and monitor for renewal expiration of such certification.
- Develop and manage training budget for the group.
- Source for technical training and coordinate training in remote locations.
- Plan on-the-job training and take ownership of providing guidance and making follow up with the managers and supervisors on impact and effectiveness.
- Develop and deploy competency mapping for building capacity through career progression and corporate growth
- Take custody of all training materials; keeping training materials up to date, management of all training materials of company. Organizing the use of training materials in the company (also include e-learning).
- Organize and coordinate training programmes using in-house resource personnel and sources professionals in the respective industry to participate in in-house training
- Source and manage professional and certified trainers for the purpose of organizing required training for personnel
- Identifying training and development needs of staff through their managers/supervisors.
- Ensure training targets are met and maintained in accordance with the company’s annual training plan
- Working in a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organization.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met;
- Provide relevant report as may be required for briefing management on the state of competencies in the company, improvement of workforce skills and the state of the training school
- Observing and supervising the work of trainers and review training materials ahead of time.
- Manage and coordinate training at the training center or locations.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Evaluating training and development programs
- Communicate career development to all employees.
- Develop the process and system of determining the competence of employee periodically with a view to addressing identified gaps.
- Considering the costs of planned programs and keeping within budgets.
Training manager is responsible for planning, organizing, leading and supervising training department.
Personal Skills and Interests
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to relate to staff at all levels
- The ability to encourage and motivate people
- Organisational skills and the ability to plan ahead and manage your time
- Presentation skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- The ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- Computer skills.
B.A/ B.sc/HND in Social Sciences, Humanities with at least 3-5 years cognate experience in a well structured organisation. Professional certification will be an added advantage.