Transport Controller / Transport Planner - Private Hire Company Full Time
England, United Kingdom | Bachelor's Degree | 5 - 7 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Logistics and Supply Chain | Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
As a Transport Controller / Transport Planner, you will be responsible for using CORDIC, our client's back office system, to prioritise customer orders and schedule cars and drivers to satisfy these orders.
You will optimise resources, such as cars and drivers, in order to achieve maximum efficiency and profitability, whilst ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Contacting drivers to implement any changes and provide traffic information
- Adapting and managing the current transport plans
- Assisting drivers with address locations and monitoring their progress
- Scheduling the following day's workload and ensuring there are enough resources
- Addressing and assessing all incidents and compiling subsequent reports
- A demonstrable track record of controlling either a courier, logistics, executive car and/or licensed private hire business
- At a minimum, six GCSEs, including a B or above in Maths and English
- A high level of proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
As a Transport Controller / Transport Planner, you'll need the ability to handle stressful situations calmly and possess good customer focus. A team player, you will be able to communicate well with colleagues and have good numeracy skills in order to price jobs accurately.