Support Qualcomm licensees (ODMs/OEMs) in the testing, acceptance and technical support of Qualcomm powered 3G devices in African markets.
- Execute device testing (including field testing) and engage in device troubleshooting to achieve operator/brand acceptance of Qualcomm powered devices
- Provide hands-on, in-depth technical support of devices using log analysis and test tools, with a focus on device/network interoperability issues
3-7 years of experience in UMTS testing and /or troubleshooting
- Strong protocol knowledge of UMTS/HSPA/GSM/EDGE/GPRS. LTE is a plus.
- Testing/debugging/optimization experience with UMTS devices and/or networks through drive testing, log analysis, and post processing tools
- Knowledge of device logging tools. QXDM knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications
- Good understanding of device operating systems, e.g. Android, Windows Mobile, BREW
- Experience with data protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP and tools like Ethereal
- Good communication skills in English are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing and be able to travel internationally on occasion
- Must be able to coordinate well within a cross-functional, global organization
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Electrical Engineering