Unit Operational Risk Officer Full Time
Lagos, Nigeria | Bachelor's Degree | 1 - 3 years | Full Time | Male or Female | Banking / Finance / Insurance | Banking / Financial Services
Guidance on implementation of controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements and Operational Risk Mgt within the Branches.
1. Assist Unit OR Head and SORO in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level.
2. Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
3. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues
4. As the first line of assurance, manage and guide Responsible Person (RP) resources in branches and units to implement ORMAF across the business unit.
5. Execute the first line self assessment model, report on and analyze operational risks profile to BORC.
6. Ensure adherence to processes and policies of CB
7. Promote a strong operational risk management and compliance culture through ORMAF and business engagement
1. To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
2. Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Branches & Units within Integrated Distribution.
3. Proactively communicate with the Unit Operational Risk Team Lead and Unit Head on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /Business Head as appropriate.
4. Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of branches and units for the reporting to relevant Operational Risk committees. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
5. Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
6. Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Unit Operational Risk Team Lead and Business Unit Head, when they occur.
7. Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
8. Assist BORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
9. Act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMLPO), or cooperate with the UMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention is in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
10. Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
11. KYC: Remain alert to risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to:
“Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers”
• University Graduate with at least 2 years work experience in banking. Professional qualification would be an added advantage
• Well-founded understanding of commercial banking operations, branch development and internal audit
• Experienced in process flow design, report writing and documentation.
• Proficient in use of MS Office application tools
• Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with risk managment ability
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.