Reporting to: Head, vehicle Installation Team (HVIT)
- In this role, as an installation Engineer, you will be responsible for the installation of high quality vehicle tracking units and vehicle speed limiter devices (VESL) within given time scales both in commercial and domestic sites across your designated location.
- You will also respond to service calls to diagnose faults and attend to other similar functions as may be considered necessary by your supervisors.
- Installation of electrical communications equipment associated with land based vehicles, vehicle tracking systems and speed limiter devices
- Install equipment and run tests to make sure everything is in full working order
- Complete installation work to time scale in accordance with company procedures, and maintain accurate records of all installations done
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installation
- Ensure all work is carried out effectively and to specification in order to meet and exceed customer's expectations
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements
Qualifications and Requirements
- A proven background as an Electrical/Electronics, Communications or Mechanical Engineer. Persons with qualifications in a similar field fitting systems including satellite navigation and telematic systems are also qualified to apply
- Fair knowledge of electrical security systems of vehicles or in servicing and installing electronic equipment in the automotive industry
- Sufficient IT knowledge with a strong technical background
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possession of Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a Flexible approach to work
- Applicants MUST possess the ability to work extensively under pressure and still remain calm and focused
- A Minimum of 2 years cognate experience and on good track record
- The ideal candidate MUST be resident in Ibadan or its environs and must be highly motivated and willing to travel
- Possession of sound skills in vehicle security systems installation within a vehicle tracking industry or other vehicle communications background will be an added advantage
The role comes with competitive salaries, installation bonuses and other expected benefits associated with working with a long established and professional company.