- The Application Development unit functions under the I.T. department headed by the Chief Information Officer (CIO).The goal of the Application Development unit is to continually review and update current web, mobile and desktop infrastructure, develop new applications as needed by the firm and align the firm’s goals with its information technology needs.
- The Web Application Developer plans, designs, codes, debugs and hacks new and existing web applications for the firm. He also takes responsibility of the full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, application layout/user interface, database design/programming, and the client-side with the server-side coding.
- The position collaborates with the following department to get full dynamics of the organisational I.T. needs: Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, H.R. and Routing & Termination.
Essential Job Function:
- Responsible for supporting the firm’s Information Systems by rewriting the applications, adding new feature and developing entirely new systems as the need arises.
- Develop new web applications as identified by clients and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and all internal systems are integrated.
- Perform complete testing of web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Develop database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- To maintain the organization’s corporate website ensuring strong functionality and optimization
- Identification of opportunities for scalability and improvement
- Engagement in web application development and improvement life-cycle