The Workshop Lead Engineer (Hardware) will manage and control the hardware production,refurbishment and rental functions within business unit.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out in line with company QHSE systems including Toolbox
talks, JSA's, Stop system, incident reporting and risk control plans.
- To install, commission, maintain, repair, fault find company products in line with company procedures and O&M's
- Prepare weekly reports
- Active participation in the HELP programme
- Manage workshop team and report to the L&D Manager when appropriate
- NHC/TC certification in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Hydraulic/Mechanical systems
- 5 Years workshop experience.
- In depth knowledge of workshop practices
- Good understanding of QHSE within the oil and gas industry
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent Report writing skill
- Ability to interact with customers on a daily basis
Additional Eligibility Qualification
- Uses PC package provided and is competent in the use of Microsoft office, lotus notes, PIMS.
- In depth knowledge of Mechanical & Hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledge of HSE legislative requirements and the various procedures and policies relevant to particular sites/installations.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to trouble-shoot non conforming equipment and advise solutions.
- Ability to interface with the customer on issues/work schedules.
- Set priorities for the team on a ongoing basis.
- Appraise the team on competence / attitude towards the work being conducted.
- High energy level