To carry out all work as efficiently and safely as possible whilst maintaining the highest possible standard of quality. To assist in the on-time delivery of customer work, especially in breakdown or urgent contractual or company requirements.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• To have the mechanical aptitude to resolve problem issues quickly and effectively and to have the ability to work on a wide range of equipment and processes
• To assist the production team in achieving company targets for monthly output, production profit and on-time delivery. Thus meeting budget and customer delivery requirements.
• The ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
• To assist in the continual improvement of production efficiency, improvement in lead times, and reduction of waste.
• The sound understanding of the Hydrostatic, Pneumatic, Gas and Cryogenic testing requirements and procedures for various valve types and pressures.
• To ensure that all work has been completed, inspected and signed off before passing on to the next operation.
• To work with team members to manage production priorities during periods of leave, absence and sickness.
• To have an input into the continual development of and adherence to the OHSE policy's, & procedures.
• To develop a sound mechanical understanding of various valve and actuator types by on the job training and attending courses run by the company.
• A strong understanding of how critical thorough documentation, trace-ability and certification are to all equipment overhauls, testing and modifications carried out.
• To assist in the training and development of apprentices in order for the company to meet its commitment under the apprentice training scheme.
• To assist in ensuring the workshop remains a clean and safe working environment with input into the company performance against the annual HSE Plan.
• To maintain and care for all equipment, tooling and machines used,
• Ensure that Quality Policies and Procedures are adhered to and these are reviewed for changes or improvement on a regular basis by using the Corrective Action and Non Conformance reports to identify system compliance and potential changes.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Mechanical trade qualification.
• A good working knowledge of valves.
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry standards.
• Understanding of HSE requirements within Oil & Gas Industry.
• Ability to work in a team environment.